The 2 days Uganda safari to Lake Mburo Is a rewarding short Uganda safari to a serene lake, rolling hills and abundant wildlife makes Lake Mburo a gem of a national park. Search the savannah for Burchell’s zebra, giraffe eland, hyenas and leopards that are all found here. Take to the water in search of crocodiles and some of the over 300 hippos living in the lake. The park is also conveniently close to Kampala making it perfect for that weekend getaway.
Day 1 – Spot the zebra
Day 2 – A walk in the wild
Day 1 – Transfer to Lake Mburo & Game drive
You’ll depart early from your pickup point for a drive to Uganda’s south through villages, swamps and over the equator (very suitable point for memorable photography) into the southern hemisphere to reach Lake Mburo NP by late morning. You’ll have time to relax at your lodge and enjoy the remarkable views over the grassland while you take a relaxed lunch before setting off for a thrilling a game drive through the park down to the lake edge so keep an eye for game herds of impala, giraffe, Burchell’s zebra, and eland along the way. From the lake’s shore, take a boat cruise and head out onto the water in search of the aquatics including crocodiles and hippo pods with a knowledgeable guide who will also be able to identify the huge range of birdlife found around the lake which include African fin foot, black headed weaver birds, a variety of kingfishers and the African fish eagle. On your return to dry land you’ll head back to your lodge to watch the sunset.
Arcadia cottage (mid range)
Meals: All meals
Day 2 – Early morning nature walk (walking safari) transfer to Kampala via Equator
This morning you’ll meet a Uganda Wildlife Authority ranger who will take you on a walking safari through the plains of Lake Mburo National Park. You’ll have the option of walking along the banks of Lake Mburo or out onto the savannah plains and scrub of the park. These walks are exceptional way to view the park and get up close and personal with the animals giving you a different perspective then game driving in a car. Don’t worry! You’re perfectly safe. In the early afternoon you’ll be taken out of the park boundaries and drive north back over the equator to Kampala (or Entebbe), arriving by late afternoon or early evening.
- Ground transport per private 4WD safari vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary·
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Bottled mineral water in the safari vehicle
- Entrance fees and ranger fees for national parks
- Activities and excursions mentioned in the program
- Welcome package including a detailed map of Uganda
- VAT for hotels and lodges outside Kampala
- International flight
- Visa (USD $50, available upon arrival)
- Optional activities
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above – Items of personal nature
- Tips – Christmas supplement
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is fully refunded if the booking is cancelled up to 45 days before arrival.
- Balance should be paid 60 days before arrival.
Why Book with us?
- Safari Departs any date
- Unbeatable prices
- Authentic safari experience
- Tailor-made safari packages
- Accommodation and meals inclusive
- Professional guides
- Life changing travel experiences
Best time to go
The best wildlife viewing months in Uganda are during the Dry seasons from June to August and December to February. Primate walks in the forest are a big part of any safari in Rwanda. The habitat of rainforests is, by default, very wet, and one can’t avoid rain completely.
Uganda Gorilla Permits costs
Uganda gorilla permits cost $600 and Rwanda gorilla permits cost $1500. These have to be acquired months before your trip to be assured of viewing the mountain gorillas. Read more about booking gorilla permits.