Our driver or guide will pick you from your hotel / residence early morning after your breakfast and you will embark on a memorable city tour of Kampala “the City of 7 hills”.
On this 1 day tour, you will get to see and learn the different aspects of Kampala city, from the historical-cultural diversity of the city, to how history blends with the present life in the city and the different religious sites.
Sites to visit on this city tour include;
- Kabaka’s palace
- Kabaka’s Lake (man-made)
- Bulage, Kabaka’s Lutiiko (the parliament)
- Uganda National Mosque (formerly Gaddafi National Mosque)
- Rubaga and Namirembe Cathedrals
- Baha’i temple (only temple of the Baha’i faith in Africa)
- Namugongo Martry’s Shrine
- Uganda Museum
- Kasubi tombs (a UNESCO world heritage site)
- Makerere University
- African Craft villages
- Ndere Cultural Center
- Shopping Malls and Centers
- Independence monument
It is not possible to visit all the different sites in one day. So we will guide you on choosing sites of most interest to you, putting into consideration the distances covered between the different chosen sites.
You will have lunch en route. You might as well opt to snack on the famous “rolex” as the tour goes on. Am certain you will like it.
Thank you for choosing Friendly Gorillas Safaris.
- Ground transport per private vehicle
- Visit to Cultural sites
- Visit to Religious Centers
- English speaking driver/guide
- Meals as described in the itinerary (lunch)
- Bottled mineral water in the safari vehicle
- Site entrance fees
- Guide fees
- Activities and excursions mentioned in the program
- VAT for hotels and lodges outside Kampala
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tips, telephone calls, laundry etc
- Personal insurance
- Visas and international air tickets
- Any other items which are not included in the itinerary